CONNECT WITH ME! :)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Student Films

This young filmmaker who has been raising money for his film, Solomon Grundy finally reached $10,000! It's inspiring and exciting to see someone breaking into the industry and reaching his dreams. He even has a IMDB page!

http://mattsontomlin.blogspot.com/ < His blogspot
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1586564/ < His IMDB for Solomon (wow what'd I'd give to be on IMDB!)

He was born not too far away from I was ... wow, how did he make it up there? I hope I can intern or shadow him someday :P

---

Well about my own little film, Obscure ...

School as usual has been hectic. I've been trying to plan all these school tours but yesterday I think I decided to stay where I am, change my major to cinema (possibly) or just something else and minor in something and just do film by collaborating, finding individual gigs and opportunities and taking small classes and summer workshops etc and pushing on my own ... I'd like film to be my main source of income but realistically I know I should have something on the side.

So I haven't had time to edit Obscure. I think I need to start my editing process over, I had too much going on and I was throwing in a bunch of random clips.

I've been looking on Craigslist lately, "studying the job market" (or at least, I think that's how people do it) and it feels like design, web design and graphic design always have lots of jobs ... I'd do that, but my school doesn't offer a graphic design major, I don't think. And I think I might be somewhat good at it, but I don't really like formatting simple logos and stuff. I like intricate things like movie posters and artsy t-shirt designs.

Ehh I don't know. But I'm really glad I'm staying at this school. I hope it can still offer a lot, though I do understand school is what you put into it. I don't want to put my parents in debt with art school and it'd be pretty cool if I made it and I can say, "I didn't go to art school/film school." True, I'd LOVE to attend a school engulfed in art ... but I don't want to be $50,000 in debt. I've done more reading, touring, thinking, crying, review-reading, video-watching about prospective schools than is healthy for me and well ... I think I'm going to stay here. People and things I love are here too. The location has many opportunities.

9 days left to finish editing Obscure ...

Oh but I'm going to a school-based film festival this Friday! I got free tickets for two. I'm excited.

That same day is dress rehearsal for Devil's Mark, a student film that I'm helping out as makeup artist. I'm nervous, I hope that can't tell I don't really know what I'm doing :X

I'll keep ya updated!

No comments: