CONNECT WITH ME! :)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Combining Mediums

Brides of Dracula from Van Helsing (2004)  - I am hoping to create an inspired makeup look
Hello all!

This afternoon I did some importing and redesigning and uploading and managed to clean up the blog a bit. I finally got the "New Template Customizer" on Blogger and it turned out it's a lot easier than trying to code the entire thing ... I used to be a bit more tolerant of coding back in the days when I was obsessed with populating my guild on Neopets.com but nowadays I usually just want to get the coding over with as quickly as possible so that I can get to the creating. So I am happy to let you know that you can actually scroll the blog and click "Older posts" and lo and behold you will actually get to see older posts and not a weird looking homepage. I feel uncool for not being able to be a boss and code things entirely myself but hey, gotta move onto the creating!

Another slight update: I combined my "Audivila Films" blog with this Audfaced blog (thus the title change). So this blog is now dedicated to basically everything I do from makeup, to filmmaking to photography and all the other experimental projects in between. I'm really happy this way because now that the coding and layout is cleaned up and I have less sites to jump around from (or less blogs) I feel a lot more inspired to post more :) You know when you clean your room (the real type of cleaning where you actually get rid of stuff, not the kind where you stuff and hide things) and suddenly you just want to sit there and I dunno, create stuff in your new clean space because you can actually focus now? That's kind of how I feel.

Speaking of rooms I really need to deep-clean mine this summer ... I'm going to art school at last (aaaah!) so before I leave I really want to somehow leave my room "mode-home status" and seriously just let go of everything I really don't use or need. I hope most of it can be put to a second chance with someone else rather than tossing them into the recyling or trash.

Anyway, so this summer I'm really trying to get a lot done in terms of projects, life goals, health, money, adult life etc. I say that every summer but I feel a lot more energized this time around because I'm already 19, moving out soon and really trying to you know ... make it in life or something. So I want to make use of these few months where I don't have school. But I will have work ... every weekday. Ah well, it'll be the most money I ever make on my own! I've never had a summer job before, to be honest. This is my first.

I want to share with you a few things I plan on doing this summer. Mind you my list is actually very very very expanded from many different categories in life but I'll just pick and choose which ones you might actually be interested in hearing:


Some Summer Goals:
- watch a new film at least every 3 weeks (gotta stop watching reruns of my favorite movies only)
-finish Human Root (the short zombie film I worked on all this spring semester ... also the reason why I didn't have any time to make any recent Audfaced makeup videos)
-learn to draw human faces on my tablet more skillfully (i used to dream of having a tablet back when I did Oekaki and now that I finally have one, I barely draw anymore because I got into makeup and film and photography ... great timing)
- write at least 1-2 small short films/music videos and film them
- do at least 5 photoshoots this summer before moving away
- do at least 1 male photoshoot (gotta get some men for my portfolio if I really want to start a freelance business!)
- stretch every night and morning, maybe do morning jogs...?
- make some kind of claymation or animation short film
- write a children's book (yes I know publishing is a long hellish process but I just wanna write and illustrate it for starters)
- film all my halloween tutorials for Audfaced
- start that Tim Burton Scaracter's Contest
- buy a few more wigs and colored contacts
- reopen the MVMR Contest!
- do more voice dubs
- learn more about the world of fashion
- learn how to cook more recipes from my mom
- pass my online class (Summer semester of school yeeyah)
- giveaway all the books in my room that I don't use or read
- sell all the textbooks I've been holding onto or unable to sell in the past
- drink more tea
- read more about the world of cinema and recent events
- learn some hip hop dance moves
- clean my hard drives and laptop drive


Some Planned Audfaced Videos:

Shrinkle (aka Amy Doan) the creator of SugarPill Cosmetics!
- Answers Video
- Dream Contest
- Tahitian Fever (a collaboration with my friend who dances tahitian!)
- Shrinkle Inspired Look (yes, the creator of SugarPill!)
- Pretty Little Liars Series
- Can't Be Tamed Inspired Look (Miley Cyrus)
- Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas)
- Bride of Dracula (Van Helsing Inspired)
- Little Dead Riding Hood
- The Matrix Inspired Makeup Look
- Happy Clown (Halloween Tutorial)
- Avatar The Last Airbender Tutorials
     * Azula
     * The Avatar State/Aang
     * Ty-Lee

     *Princess Yue
     * Prince Zuko
- Left 4 Dead
     * The Spitter (maybe ...)
     * Hunter
- Samara Morgan
- Poison Ivy
- Harley Quinn
- Alice McGee Makeup Tutorial (Dark)
- Love Game Inspired Look
- Tweety Inspired
- Bird Inspired Looks
- Pride Series
- Avril Lavigne Inspired


..... realistically I know it's probably physically impossible to complete all of those in a span of a few months. And a lot of these videos I am determined to wait until I have the right & best presentation tools (after effects and edited-in visual effects, contacts, wigs, background etc) However. Each one of these ideas are some that I feel highly inspired to do so, you're bound to see a good amount of them in the coming months! :) I hope it'll be worth all the waiting ...  Thank you all so much again, for sticking with me despite my lack in videos.

And I highly encourage you to make a Summer Hopes/Goals/Aspirations list too.  There's so much you can accomplish that can jumpstart your future!

Ciao!


-Cat
(and yes ... I dared to bust out the Asian persuasion peace signs)

1 comment:

R. said...

Here are some websites that I like to browse through to get ideas for my outfits. Hope you enjoy them!

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/women.html (fashion in Asia)
http://streetpeeper.com/ (Street fashion from around the world)
http://lookbook.nu/ (More street fashion)
http://www.style.com/ (Runway fashion)

This one is not a fashion website, but I though you would enjoy it anyways. It's Angela Kohler's blog - she made those cute commercials for the Amazon Kindle! She posts her photography and the illustrations.
http://angelakohler.blogspot.com/

Also since you are into photography, this blog is all about lighting. Lots of DIY lighting projects.
http://strobist.blogspot.com/

For beauty, health, make-up and fashion articles/reviews.
http://www.beauty-in-love.com/

Hope this helps :)